As of 11 AM EDT (10 AM CDT) Wednesday, Hurricane Michael was located at 29.4N 86.0W, 60 miles SSW of Panama City, FL, moving NNE at 14 mph. Maximum sustained winds have increased to 145 mph, gusting to 175 mph.
An updated summary of the Watches and Warnings is at the end of this post.
RaceWeather note – The rain is forecast to move past Talladega on Thursday, leaving Friday sunny, though Talladega Blvd could be muddy because rainfall totals could reach up to 2”. The RaceWeather site will be updated later tonight.
Michael will continue on a northerly track through landfall near Panama City, FL later this afternoon. Storm surge is forecast to reach 12-14 feet in places. Rainfall totals of 6-10” are expected along the storm track as it accelerates across the Southeast US.
As Michael moves across the Atlantic coast, Michael is expected to interact with an advancing cold front, bringing about extratropical transition with it moving into North Atlantic.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for…
* Okaloosa/Walton County Line Florida to Anclote River Florida
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for…
* Anclote River Florida to Anna Maria Island Florida, including
* Ocracoke Inlet North Carolina to Duck North Carolina
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for…
* Alabama/Florida border to Suwannee River Florida
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for…
* Alabama/Florida border to the Mississippi/Alabama border
* Suwanee River Florida to Chassahowitzka Florida
* North of Fernandina Beach Florida to Duck North Carolina
* Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for…
* Chassahowitzka to Anna Maria Island Florida, including Tampa Bay